What you need
Smartphone or audio recorder, meeting space
Who you need
Duoethnography is a collaborative research method in which two or more participants discuss anecdotal and personal experience and connect it to wider cultural, political, and social contexts.
Duoethnography is a conversational research method, not only between people but also their perceptions of cultural artifacts such as photos and combined with other methods such as .Photo Diaries
- Values the personal and experiential, giving space to interrogate and re-conceptualise existing beliefs or thoughts.
- Removes the hierarchical relationship between researcher and subject.
- See your own experiences through another worker's eyes.
- Gain insight into workers' current perspectives on an experience or issues.
- Choose participants.
- Record the discussion.
- Note the similarities and differences of experiences.
Trust plays a very important role in this method, so carefully choosing participants who share a trusted relationship is key.